To my knowledge, this is the biggest genre related convention in the world, and I’m beyond psyched to be part of it. I’ll be doing a panel and 2 signings, but will also be hanging around the con, getting my fanboy on for the rest of the time. Come find me and say hi!
My schedule is:
Saturday, 7/14/12, 12:00—1:00 PM, Room: 23ABC
LOCKED AND LOADED: Military SF/F
From hand-to-hand combat and canons to AK-47s and the death star—the landscape of military conflict has changed…but the instinct to destroy has not. People love to read about the good guys blasting the hell out of paranormal villains, evil aliens, and ruthless government officials. Authors Joseph Nassise, Myke Cole , Taylor Anderson, Jack Campbell, Harry Turtledove, S.J. Kincaid, and Mark Frost include pulse-pounding combat scenes in their novels and never shy away from applying deadly force when necessary.
1. Joseph Nassise (BY THE BLOOD OF HEROES, May 2012)
2. Myke Cole (CONTROL POINT, January 2012)
3. Taylor Anderson (New York Times bestselling Destroyermen Series)
4. Jack Campbell (New York Times bestselling Lost Fleet Series)
5. Harry Turtledove (THE WAR THAT CAME EARLY)
6. S.J. Kincaid (Insignia)
7. Moderator: Stephen W. Saffel (DEO & Senior Acquisitions Editor at Titan Books)
This will be followed by:
AUTOGRAPHING: AA09 1:30—2:30 PM
*staff and inventory provided by Mysterious Galaxy
Finally, I’ll be doing a signing at the Smart Pop booth for their new essay collection BEYOND THE WALL. Details here. Sunday, at 11AM, booth #4300.