So, anyone who has been following my Twitter feed knows that I recently received Advance Read Copies (ARCs) for my latest novel BREACH ZONE. This is a real milestone for me, and I wax eloquently on that topic here.
Quite a few folks have asked me what they need to do to get their hands on one. I have precious few of these puppies, and some are already slated for worthy hands, but I have reserved two for my fans.
Know what that means, right? Time for a contest.
There are two ways to win: humorous and serious.
Humorous: Anyone following me on social media knows that I am . . . challenged by our Station mascot, Harry the Useless. This bundle of joy excels in blocking critical hatches, drooling on my freshly shined boots, and moving as little as possible. Well, I have finally had my revenge.
I will give a signed copy of a BREACH ZONE ARC to the best pet/animal confessional/embarrassment image/video submitted to me at myke (at) mykecole (dot) com or posted in the comments below. Some notes:
– Entries MUST be affectionately humorous. Any image/video that appears to be actually harming an animal will be immediately reported to the authorities. Do not test me on this one.
– Special bonus points to entries that make speculative fiction references.
Serious: Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day, and I’d like to mark it by adding this branch to my contest. I will give a signed copy of a BREACH ZONE ARC to a contestant of my choosing who does one of the following:
– Donate a minimum of one hour of your time to a military charity, such as the USO or Coast Guard Mutual Assistance. (A letter from the charity in question will suffice as proof).
– Donate a minimum of $100 to a military charity. (Again, I’d need a letter showing the donation)
– If you are an employer, commit to hiring one vet or an active duty spouse. If you do this, in addition to the ARC, I will give you one free copy (in a format of my choosing) of everything I write for the rest of my life.
So, there you go. Two books, two ways to win. The deadline is . . . whenever I feel like it. It’s good to be the boss!
Really looking forward to seeing what folks come up with! Thanks for reading and helping me chase a dream.