Welcome to 2014. I won’t do a year end post. I live my life on social media anyway, so everyone pretty much knows how 2013 went for me with near minute-by-minute detail. My books are finding an audience, I am well settled in Brooklyn, and thanks to my well-intentioned niece, I now have a pet fish plotting to kill me on Twitter.
Suffice to say 2013 worked out rather well, and I have you all to thank for it. You supported my art, listened to my ramblings, and in the very rare instances where you broke federal maritime law, complied with my orders.
– You go out to a bar or restaurant and buy yourself your beverage of choice (no more than $10 value). You then raise the glass and drink my health, secure in the knowledge that, wherever I am, I am drinking yours.
– You send me a picture of the receipt. Make sure it clearly shows that what you got was actually a drink.
– I will then use PayPal to reimburse you the amount (up to $10). Make sure you provide me the email address you use to accept PayPal gifts. If your drink is more than $10 (as better cocktails are in New York City), I’ll still do a partial reimbursement.
– Limit one drink per person until my bar tab runs out (I’ve put aside a nice chunk of change for this).
– I trust you to obey the law, even if it’s silly. If the drink in question is alcohol, you must be over 21.
Thanks for making 2013 one of the best years of my life. Here’s to your health and prosperity in 2014. With BREACH ZONE coming soon and GEMINI CELL already into its 6th draft, I’m predicting great things to come.
Happy New Year. Forward Together.